Our Work is Never Done
It’s now been over a year since we launched the Original Snake Bite key chain bottle opener and the response has been downright fantastic. It’s been fascinating to watch the dedication and interest flourish over the past 16 months and it continues to grow even more than we anticipated.
That being said, it should be clear that we’re not a company that likes to rest on our laurels. Through extensive testing and feedback from our friends and community, we’ve been able to introduce a few refinements to our flagship product that we felt we should introduce officially:
1. We Refined the Metal Finishing Processes on the Church Key Bottle Opener.
The original stainless steel design has not changed at all, but we’ve improved a few specific areas in order to make sure it looks great and works to the best of its ability.
• Rolled Edges: The edges of the tool are rolled now. This creates a smoother edge for handling as well as a more finished look overall.
• Tumbling: We now tumble every bottle opener in a blended ceramic media to give a consistent finish, look, and shine. This tumbling also slightly reduces the sharpness of the teeth so they work great, but aren’t too sharp.
2. Wave Washers for Better Folding Tension
We now install stainless steel wave washers in between the leather and the bottle opener, where the eyelet holds everything in place, in order to maintain a consistent pressure. Leather is a natural material that changes shape as it ages and this washer helps to retain tension no matter how many years you’ve had your Snake Bite.
Wave Washer Placement
3. Our Patent is No Longer Pending
You read that right. As of October 20, 2015 Snake Bite Co. officially received patent number D741,125. We’ve reflected our new favorite number on the back of the leather sheath as well as a little Old Glory underneath to reinforce our commitment to domestic manufacturing. Maybe a minor detail for some folks, but we really are proud of our patent and country.
There you have it. Hopefully you’re a fan of our new upgrades as we try to raise the mark we’ve made in making the most unique keychain bottle opener even better. We want to build something that you can use for a very long time. This requires us to make sure that whatever we build is capable of holding up to the rigors of everyday carrying and beer-opening. Bottom line – you shouldn’t ever be worried about having a good time.
– – –
We love to hear about your stories, unique uses, and suggestions - keep the letters coming to email@example.com